Tuesday, July 25, 2006

New Member to the Family

I said in the last post that a new member had been added to the family and left it at that. I have been waiting aproval from my boss to give you any further details because of security issues and safety for the man. Fortunately he did give me the go ahead to post more details so here you go! The following is the student's recap and video tesimonial of the experience. Praise Jesus!

Dreams and Visions

Often times in life the task that is most difficult and challenges us most, proves to be most worthwhile or rewarding in the end. This past week I received what was to me a difficult and challenging task; I was to travel to another city and live with a local family for a week to practice my language.

When I first heard that I was going to do this, I immediately knew that it was going to be challenging for me but I felt ready for it. My readiness suddenly changed once I got on the train. As I sat silently on the train, I became very homesick and many thoughts began to run through my head. I felt inadequate, weak, helpless, and like a failure, wishing that the train would take me to my home instead of to a foreign home.

My attitude was very much wrong and I knew it, so I had to confess before the Son right there on that train. I laid everything at His feet and asked that He would give me strength to be faithful to Him, to be a light in a dark place, and that this week would be something for me to write home about. He heard and here I am writing home about my week.

Staying with the host family was still difficult and uncomfortable at times but I had a peace that surpasses all understanding. Midway through the week I had an opportunity to share the truth with the man of the house in depth and it went well. After much discussion, we came to a point where he understood some but didn’t agree with who the Son is. The next day went by and we didn’t talk much about it and I was going to be leaving early the next morning, so that night I asked that the Son would reveal himself. When I woke up in the morning the man I was staying with looked like something had changed inside of him. He proceeded to tell me about a dream that He had last night. Although it was difficult to understand every part of the story because of the language bearer, he said the Son came to him proclaiming “follow me” and after telling me of his dream all he could say was “I must follow this man”.

Although the task of staying with a host family was very difficult and very challenging for me, it proved to be worthwhile and rewarding. In fact, I stand silent trying to think of anything better!

1 comment:

glenna marshall said...

Hi, I don't know you, Michael, but I was directed to your site through Kellye Rachel. I am praising the Father after reading your post and watching the video. I cannot hold back my tears as I rejoice with the work of the Son in this man's life!! I will lift you and this new brother up to the Father continually. Praise Him for the work He is doing there!!
Blessings be upon you, brother!